Driver and Vehicle Services Info Hub

Motor vehicle and drivers license information



Reference: Minn. Stat. § 168.181


The following applies to passenger vehicles only:

A non-resident, who resides in Minnesota while gainfully employed on the same job for a period of six months or more (e.g. teacher, construction workers, etc.), must obtain Minnesota registration for his/her vehicle. Registration is due from the date of employment.