Driver and Vehicle Services Info Hub

Motor vehicle and drivers license information

On Leave

Reference: Minn. Stat. § 168.031

A Minnesota resident on leave during wartime or declared emergency, may operate his or her vehicle with expired registration.

Vehicle owner must:

  • Complete section A of an Application for Minnesota Title/Registration (PS2000).

  • Sign in section D of PS2000.

  • Provide a copy of his or her leave or furlough order.

Deputy must:

  • Write "Military Leave Permit" across the top of the PS2000.

  • Record the date of expiration, which is the date the furlough order expires.

  • Validate the PS2000.

  • There is no fee for this transaction and deputies are encouraged not to collect a filing fee.

  • Record the transaction on your daily report.