Reference: Minn. Stat. 168.12, Subd. 2b
- Applicant must complete Special Plate Application (PS2010)
- Vehicle must be owned by a member of a fire department
- A letter of authorization signed by the Fire Department Chief must be attached to the application.
- In section K of application, the applicant attest to membership in the named fire department and that, upon termination of membership, they are to properly dispose of the firefighter plate
Retired Firefighter Plates
- Complete Special Plate Application (PS2010)
- Vehicle must be owned by a member of a Minnesota fire department who retired in good standing after at least ten years of service
- A letter of authorization signed by the Fire Department Chief affirming the applicant is a retired firefighter who served ten or more years and separated in good standing must be attached to the application.
Can you transfer plates? Yes, a $5 plate transfer fee is due
Volunteer Ambulance Attendant License Plate
Reference: Minn. Stat. 168.12, subd. 2e
- Applicant must be a volunteer ambulance attendant
- Applicant must be the owner, joint owner, or lessee of vehicle
- A volunteer ambulance attendant is one who provides emergency medical services for a Minnesota-licensed ambulance service (M.S. 144E.001, subd.15)
- Applicant must "self-certify" that they qualify in Section J of the PS2010 form
- When the applicant ceases to be a volunteer ambulance attendant, the license plates must be removed and properly disposed.