Driver and Vehicle Services Info Hub

Motor vehicle and drivers license information

Gold Star Family


General Information

  • Applicant must complete an application for Special Plates (PS2010)
  • Display: passenger vehicle / motorcycle / Self-Propelled Recreational Vehicle/ one-ton pickup truck
  • Applicant must be the parent, spouse, sibling or child of a person who has died while honorably serving in active military service
  • Applicant must supply DD1300 (Report of Casualty), DD2064 (Certificate of Death), or a letter from the MN Department of Veteran Affairs
Initial/Duplicate Plate Fee: No Fee (Vehicle registration costs and filing fee are still required)
Are Plates Transferable? Yes, there is a $5 plate transfer fee.