Involuntary Transfer

Driver and Vehicle Services Info Hub

Motor vehicle and drivers license information

Court Order

Reference: Minnesota Statutes, section 168A.25

What we need:

  • A certified copy of the District Court order, not a "viewed" copy or photocopy, directing the department to transfer ownership to the person or persons identified in the order. The order must identity the vehicle (year, make, model, vehicle identification number).

  • An application for Title and Registration (PS2000 or signed MNLARS application), completed by the person named in the court order. The person identified in the court order may not sell it to a third party. S/he must obtain a title.

    • Barcode PS2000 or a signed MNLARS application & Court Order

  • Applicable taxes and fees